Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The first step.

My latest attempt in joining the 21 century.  I'm starting my own blog!  My main focuses on this site is to inform you, my gentle reader, of my upcoming writing and theater ventures.  One, in particular, that is coming up for me - this weekend, is at the majestic Mount Sinai Yacht Club ( http://www.msyc.org/ ) in Mount Sinai, NY.  I'll be performing with a wonderful cast of local actors ( Susan Trojanoski Hedges, Stephan Scheck, Richard Gardini, Rebecca Edana and Phil Reichert. )  It will be a Murder Mystery play called Murder Most Foul in Mount Sinai.  It's an original piece written by myself, and it will be at 7 pm, Sat. Sept. 19th.  We're expecting a big crowd.  Should be fun for all!  I think tickets are still available, so if interested in joining the merriment - please call ( 631 ) 473-2993 for reservations.

I also have two staged readings coming up.  One will be at the Custer Institute and Observatory.
http://www.custerobservatory.org/  I will be performing another original work called The Trial of Galileo.  It will be on Sat. Oct 10th at 1:30 pm.  It will be telling the life story of the renowned scientist and philosopher,  Galileo Galilei.  I will be telling tale of his beginning as a young boy in Florence, Italy to becoming the leading inventor and thinker of his generation, only to run afoul of the Vatican and to spend the rest of his life under house arrest.  Phil Reichert will be playing Galileo and Lisa Dabrowski will be playing his daughter, Maria and I will be narrating the play for the audience.

The third performance I have scheduled for this year, will be my staged reading play, John and Abigail Adams: A Love Story at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Stony Brook, NY.
http://www.uufsb.org/. Sunday, Nov. 22 at 2 pm.  Again, Phil Reichert, Lisa Dabrowski and myself will be telling the romance and life-journey of two of American's most famous couple,  John Adams and Abigail Adams.  John  spent much of his life in service to his country. He was a delegate to the Continental Congress, an officially appointed diplomat (who served as a commissioner in France, Great Britain, and the Netherlands, and minister to the Court of St. James), and President of the United States.  Abigail Adams did not have a formal education, but proved to be an extremely resourceful partner to John Adams.
 While he was away on numerous political assignments, she raised their children, managed their farm, and stayed abreast of current events during one of the country's most turbulent times.

John Adams and Abigail Smith Adams  exchanged over 1,100 letters, beginning during their courtship in 1762 and continuing throughout John's political career (until 1801). These warm and informative letters include John's descriptions of the Continental Congress and his impressions of Europe while he served in various diplomatic roles, as well as Abigail's updates about their family, farm, and news of the Revolution's impact on the Boston area.

No comments:

Post a Comment